Tuesday 3 May 2011

I hate eBay

I've been using eBay since 2003 and never had a problem as a seller or a buyer. I saw charges going up and up for selling items and that was about the only thing I could complain about. Until now that is.

I sold this headset online to this dodgy character for £36. eBay and PayPal together charged me £5. In the mean time the dodgy guy got his account blocked/removed (says no longer registered but it doesn't tell you why). Then he reports he never received the headset. I say fine, got proof of postage will get Royal Mail to refund. He complaints to eBay who takes £36 from my account and refunds the dodgy guy and still keep charging me £5 for selling it! Apparently they couldn't care less if I have a proof of postage or not. If you don't send it recorded,  then you're screwed!

So now I'm £5 down, no headset, with a proof of postage which I will frame and put on the wall to remind me how it is to get screwed by eBay! ARGH!!!

No comments: