Wednesday 29 June 2011

Some great free iPhone apps

I've been doing a research for apps I can install on iPhone 4 before ordering one.I’ve had my iPhone for couple of weeks so I could try those apps that I could not try on the iPod and find some new ones in the process. This is the list of free apps I have installed and find quite useful:

GooCal (Google Calendar™ sync) By
Matias Muhonen

Link your google account calendar with your iPhone. Sync appointments as and when you want. Work offline on the iPhone. Support multiple calendars. Simply brilliant app. The only thing I would like improved is the weekly view.

GoTasks(Google Tasks™ client) By Evgeniy Shurakov
Another app to help you keep organised. GoTasks will also sync with your google tasks and can be used offline. For those with long task lists there is a search functionality. I only use it with one account but you can use this app with multiple accounts too.

Evernote by Evernote

Evernote is the notes app you get with your iPhone on steroids. You can install Evernote on your desktop, iPad, etc. and sync the notes as and when you want to or set them to sync automatically. You can can create text, photo or audio notes. I've got it installed in my MacBook at home and in my PC at work. All get synched with iPhone sowhenever or where ever I am I got access to my notes.


Dropbox by Dropbox

Convenient way to transfer files to and from iPhone from any desktop device connected to internet such as PC or iPad. I don't, but you can also use Dropbox to share files with other Dropbox users.


Photosynth By Microsoft Corporation

Even wanted to have a wide angle lens on your iPhone? Well this is the next closest thing. Tap once to start interactive capture and keep moving your iPhone on any direction to expand the area in your photo. When you're done Photosynth will create one image from all the images you taken which can be 360 degree around you.

Crop for Free By Free the Apps


Skype By Skype Software S.a.r.l


Facebook by Facebook , Inc.

360 Live by Juan Xavier Larrea


Kindle By AMZN Mobile LLC

Sports Tracker By Sports Tracking Technologies Ltd
Any suggestion is more than welcome.













No comments: