Monday 12 March 2012

Run by Blake Crouch

Last night I finished Run by Blake Crouch. One of more difficult books I ever read.

The plot has got many holes in it but it still holds. Basically the story evolves around family of four, parents in their early 40s with a teenage daughter and small boy having to constantly run and fight for their survival against cold, hunger, thirst and savage killers. It is a horrific story that makes you think what if this could really happen. At times it got very gripping and I couldn't put the book down no matter what. Crouch shows some master skills in immersing the reader in the book, so much so that at times I had to take a brake as it was getting too difficult to detach from the horrific events.

On a negative side I did not like the way relationship evolved between husband and wife. I had a feeling that corners were cut or not enough attention was put towards this. Their relationship changes as story progresses but I as a reader did not get the true picture of their feelings as these changes happened.

I rate this book as WWR (Well Worth Reading) - 3.5 stars out of 5.

No comments: